We strongly encourage some form of Childbirth education for our first time expectant Moms. There are several options for education regarding the Labor and Delivery experience:
1. The physicians of NORTHWEST Ob/Gyn offer a unique childbirth class designed especially for our patients. The curriculum includes information about labor progression, medications, breathing techniques and comfort measures, epidurals, and delivery and postpartum procedures.
- The class is completed in one session which is 4 hrs in length. Suggested attendance is optimally week 30-36 of pregnancy.
- Classes are monthly, either:
TUESDAY Classes are 6pm-10pm at NORTHWEST OB/GYN, 3841 Trueman Ct., Hilliard, 43026.
SUNDAY Classes are 9am-1pm at AVINA WOMEN’S CARE 3600 Olentangy River Rd, bldg 490, Columbus, 43214 in the office complex across from Riverside Hospital campus, just north of the 315 freeway ramp (Avina is in back of the office court, on the left) OR HER HEALTH OB/GYN in the Orthopedic One Surgery Center at Easton, 3600 Stelzer Rd. suite 220, 43219
- Instructors are Nurses with additional certification in Labor and Delivery Nursing.
- To register:
1. Select a class date from the list.2. Send below informationname, PHONE NUMBER and/or e-mail for confirmation,doctor, due date, class date selectionFee is $85/couple payable check or m.o. ,bank bill pay, or Paypalprepaid with registration.3. Mail above info to:REBECCA SCHMITT 5900 Kenney Dr. NE, Thornville, Ohio, 43076
Please contact Rebecca Schmitt at 614-476-5224 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for registration.
- The 2021 Class Schedule is below:
Sunday July 25 HER Health
Tuesday August 17
Sunday August 22 Avina
Tuesday Sept 7
Sunday Sept 19 HER Health
Tuesday Oct 12
Sunday Oct 24 Avina
Sunday Nov 7 HER Health
*******time change back to eastern standard*****
Tuesday Nov 16
Sunday Dec 5 Avina
Tuesday Dec 7
2. Since our patients will deliver at Riverside Methodist Hospital, Maternity Tours and Classes can also be found by visiting https://www.ohiohealth.com/services/womens-health/our-programs/maternity