We strongly encourage some form of Childbirth education for our first time expectant Moms. There are several options for education regarding the Labor and Delivery experience:
1. The physicians of NORTHWEST Ob/Gyn offer a unique childbirth class designed especially for our patients. The curriculum includes information about labor progression, medications, breathing techniques and comfort measures, epidurals, and delivery and postpartum procedures.
- The class is completed in one session which is 4 hrs in length. Suggested attendance is optimally week 30-36 of pregnancy.
- Classes are monthly, either:
SUNDAYS at AVINA WOMEN’S CARE 3600 Olentangy River Rd, bldg 490, Columbus, 43214 in the office complex across from Riverside Hospital campus, just north of the 315 freeway ramp (Premier is in back of the office court, on the left) OR HER HEALTH OB/GYN in the Orthopedic One Surgery Center at Easton, 3600 Stelzer Rd. suite 220, 43219 OR
TUESDAYS at NORTHWEST OB/GYN, 3841 Trueman Ct., Hilliard, 43026.
- Instructors are Nurses with additional certification in Labor and Delivery Nursing.
- To register:
1. Select a class date from the list.2. Send below informationname, PHONE NUMBER and/or e-mail for confirmation,doctor, due date, class date selectionFee is $85/couple payable check or m.o. ,bank bill pay, or Paypalprepaid with registration.3. Mail above info to:REBECCA SCHMITT 5900 Kenney Dr. NE, Thornville, Ohio, 43076
Please contact Rebecca Schmitt at 614-476-5224 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for registration.
- The 2020-21 Class Schedule is below:
2. Since our patients will deliver at Riverside Methodist Hospital, Maternity Tours and Classes can also be found by visiting https://www.ohiohealth.com/services/womens-health/our-programs/maternity